There was never really a point at which I was like, “oh, here we are at the boring part.” It was very engaging and meditative! – Liisa
I am thrilled to announce the release of a new rhyFlower design, Romilly, a cable and bobbled filled hat pattern.
January 2019 is when I finally reached out for professional help to deal with my PTSD, anxiety, and depression head-on after a bit of a mental breakdown. I’d be lying if I said it was an easy decision to make, but it was an essential one. It has been a journey of personal growth, understanding, and compassion (because I did have to learn how to be kinder to myself). It has positively impacted my day to day relationships with everyone I meet.
In celebration of what I’ve accomplished with my mental health this year, I wanted to represent this year in a project. I’ve had bumps in the road, slight unraveling, and how my brain is reprocessing my past through EMDR therapy – all presented through this engaging hat pattern, Romilly.
Worked in the round, Romilly contains written directions and charts. Romilly is written to be worked on circular needles. When the crown becomes too small to continue, you’ll switch to the magic loop method. However, the pattern notes do contain details should you wish to use double pointed needles throughout instead.
SKILLS USED IN THIS DESIGN:
- 1/1 RC
- 2/1 LC
- 2/1 LPC
- 2/1 RC
- 2/1 RPC
- 2/2 LC
- 2/2 LPC
- 2/2 RC
- 2/2 RPC
- 3/2/3 LPC
- Dropped Stitch
- DK weight yarn
- Arctic Crafts – Fine Merino DK – 100% Falkland Merino – 263 yds (240 m)/ 3.5 oz (100 g) – Colorway: Fireweed
- Substitution Info: Overly fuzzy yarns will not be terribly friendly for this project, with a dropped stitch cable, having a smoother yarn will lend well to getting the stitch back down to its base.
- US5 (3.75 mm) 16” (41 cm) circular needle, or size required to obtain gauge
- US6 (4 mm) 16” (41 cm) circular needle, or size required to obtain gauge
- Four US6 (4 mm) double-pointed needles (DPNs), or size required to obtain gauge (These are optional if you prefer not to work the crown with magic loop.)
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- 2 cable needles
- 185 yds (169 m) DK weight yarn
18 stitches by 28 rounds in stockinette stitch = 4” /10 cm on US6 (4 mm) needles, after blocking.
FIND THIS PATTERN ON:
Check out the rhyFlower Test Team’s projects! Click on the image to be taken to their project page on Ravelry.