Without a doubt, my passion is knitting. It runs through my veins. I knit daily, I’m continuously learning new techniques and mastering my skills. My passion for the art, the math behind it, and how happy it makes me has driven me into the world of flat rate Tech Editing.
Through 10+ years of knitting experience, design experience, test knitting experience, tech editing experience, and various courses, I believe I possess the skills to bring your pattern to the next level. Sometimes having a fresh set of eyes on your pattern can help pull out any kinks you’re having with the flow, math, or something as simple as wording. As many designers can attest, tech editing your own pattern design is quite impossible.
What you can expect using rhyFlower Knits flat rate tech editing:
- Checking grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage.
- Ensuring consistency throughout the pattern and clarity of instructions.
- Checking that instructions are complete and consistent with common sizing and notation standards.
- Detecting any formatting issues, that pages print correctly and the information isn’t falling off the page.
- Checking that all the math and measurements are correct.
- Checking that charts, schematics, written instructions, photos, and descriptions are in agreement, and accurately represent the knitted item.
rhyFlower Knits is accepting new clients. Currently, I have a one week turnaround time, but you can contact me in advance to schedule a tech edit to ensure we meet your required deadlines. My flat rate is $30 CAD for accessories (Shawls, Cowls, Mittens, Socks, & Hats). The first edit will get back to you within a week, you’ll then make any necessary changes and I’ll take a second run through of the pattern and return it to you in a day or so. When you’re happy with your pattern, I’ll send you a PayPal invoice, with payment due in 15 days.
Other assistance I can provide for additional fees:
- Charts from written directions.
- Written directions from charts.
If you have a pattern you’d like me to edit, or if you have a question for me, please use the form below to get in touch.