Without a doubt, my passion is knitting. It runs through my veins. I knit daily; I’m continuously learning new techniques and mastering my skills. My love for the art, the math behind it, and how happy it makes me has driven me into the world of Tech Editing.
Through 10+ years of knitting experience, design experience, test knitting experience, tech editing experience, and various courses like Joeli Creates Tech Editing: Masterclass & multiple classes to understand numerous knitting designs, I believe I possess the skills to bring your pattern to the next level and help you over any hurdles you may have stumbled over. Sometimes having a fresh set of eyes on your design can help pull out any kinks you’re having with the flow, consistency, math, or something as simple as wording. As many designers can attest, tech editing your pattern on your own is quite impossible.
What you can expect using rhyFlower Knits tech editing:
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage are checked over to ensure everything flows together coherently.
- Ensuring the same knitting language is used throughout the pattern, and there’s a clear understanding of the instructions.
- Checking that instructions are complete, everything that is required to complete the project is included in the pattern and is consistent with the industry sizing and notation standards.
- Calculating the patterns mathematical components! Final stitch counts are correct, repeats make sense, and finished measurements are accurate based on gauge.
- Checking that charts, schematics, written instructions, photos, and descriptions agree, and accurately represent the knitted item.
rhyFlower Knits is accepting new clients for accessories (Shawls, Cowls, Mittens, Socks, & Hats). Currently, I have a one week turnaround time, but you can contact me in advance to schedule a tech edit to ensure we meet your required deadlines.
Our current rate for Tech Editing is CAD $25 an hour, billed by the minute. The first edit will get back to you within a week, you’ll then make any necessary changes, and I’ll take a second run through of the pattern and return it to you in a day or so.
Other assistance I can provide:
- Charts from written directions.
- Written directions from charts.
- Writing romance copy.
- Ravelry coaching – Having the right information on the pattern page makes a world of difference to its success!
- Ghostwriting the pattern for you.
- Pattern release coaching.
- Prepping patterns for third-party publication.
- Help to develop a style sheet to ensure brand consistency.
If you have a pattern you’d like me to edit, would like an estimate on costs, or if you have a question for me, please use the form below to get in touch.