Greetings! I’m Melinda! I’m the creative fiber artist behind rhyFlower Knits, located in Edmonton, AB, Canada. Born and raised here in Edmonton, I live with my amazing husband Curt (who you’ve likely seen modeling lots of my knitwear designs) and my incredibly energetic boxer Merlin in our century-old home.
Facts about me:
- I am addicted to the color purple. All of the colors I picked for my business branding are also the exact colors you’ll find in my home – so when you pop by my website, it’s genuinely like a personal visit.
- I’m a video game and board game junkie! Curt and I are always playing something; it’s a great way to not only unwind but keeps my brain active in different ways depending on the game of choice. PC gaming for the win!
- I play the tenor saxophone.
- I have an ISTJ personality; this comes with A LOT of pros and cons. I also suffer from PTSD, depression, and anxiety (not a terribly fun fact, but I believe in openness to help break down the stigma surrounding mental health).
- I cannot resist gummi bears or anything cotton candy-flavored (looking at you Marble Slab ice cream and how blue you make my tongue!).
- I bake fresh bread every Sunday before 7 am. Yes, I’m that person!
- I consume way too much true crime everything.
Fueled by my creative spirit, I use my passion for design and math as an outlet to develop unique knitting patterns inspired by color, texture, and her surroundings. I also use these skills to help empower other designers and build their confidence in the design industry through her tech editing and coaching services.
I firmly believe that having the right tools for a project begins with a well-written and organized pattern. Without clear, concise instructions, knitting’s relaxing rhythmic flow begins to unravel rather quickly and becomes an unnecessary frustration. Through an in-depth pattern structure, my hope for you is an inspiration to learn new techniques and be empowered with the skills required to make your next project a success!
For business inquiries, pattern support, or to say hello, please email; email@example.com