Find your Fade – I jumped on the bandwagon and decided to do the ever so popular Find your Fade shawl by Andrea Mowry. I had gone back and forth about wanting to do one, I had seen so many beautiful projects on Instagram of them and all the various colors and thought it was gorgeous but that it wouldn’t be for me…. till I saw the Garden in Bloom set on knit picks. I was sold! The colors are perfect for me, purples, pinks, and blacks…. really, how could I resist? So I ordered it and awaited its arrival for my shawl.
- Color A: Knit Picks Stroll in Blue Violet Tonal – 13.16 Grams used
- Color B: Knit Picks Stroll in Pansy Tonal – 33.36 Grams used
- Color C: Knit Picks Stroll in Boreal is Hand Painted – 53.60 Grams used
- Color D: Knit Picks Stroll in Aloha – 64.49 Grams used
- Color E: Knit Picks Stroll in High Tea Tonal – 66.84 Grams used
- Color F: Knit Picks Stroll in Skating Rink Hand Painted – 66.63 Grams used
- Color G: Knit Picks Stroll in Train Station Tonal – 60.1 Grams used
The process – Loved it! It had a nice mixture of garter stitch and lace, so I didn’t find I was getting bored of knitting it. The pattern is very well written and is broken down to easily keep track of. The pattern also becomes quite intuitive after while, so you can eventually stop using the pattern.
The end result – I’m in love! The way the colors blend together, the ginormous size, and a complete pleasure to knit. If you haven’t checked it out and jumped on the bandwagon as well, I’d highly recommend it!