Ghostwriting – Let’s make your idea a reality!
Sometimes we get an idea in our head but don’t quite know how to get that idea into a functional knitting pattern that others can follow. Sometimes you’ve already started writing it, but life gets in the way and you’re unable to finish it. Perhaps you’ve already worked up your sample and don’t know what the next steps are. Maybe you’re a yarn dyer who wants to offer patterns, but don’t know how to incorporate them into your processes. That’s where a ghostwriter comes in!
I ghostwrite knitting patterns for adult accessories; scarves, hats, mittens, shawls, cowls, and socks.
What you can expect;
- The pattern will adhere to your style sheet, written as if you had your hands on it the whole time.
- The pattern will be graded for multiple sizes (if applicable), including yardage requirements for those sizes.
- I send it to my technical editor to check it for grading and technical issues.
- The pattern will include necessary charts, schematics, and written directions.
- You receive a completed pattern, ready to go straight into testing.
The process takes approximately 3-4 weeks from start to finish. Cost depends on the type of project, number of sizes you’d like to include, and pattern complexity: usually $200-600 per design, which includes all the previously mentioned processes.
Add on services;
- Accessibility formatting – Low-Visibility and Screen-reader-accessible versions of the pattern (making the pattern more accessible to the knitting community).
- Draft the pattern on Ravelry (all you’ll have to do is hit publish!).
- Manage the test knitting process (this will add an additional 4-8 weeks to the turnaround time, as testers need time to work up the pattern).
I am quite quick to respond to your questions and help to the fullest of my abilities. My goal is to make the process as easy peasy for you as I can, providing whatever feedback and conversation about your design that you need. My office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm MST. Do feel free to email me any time, but please understand you may not hear back from me outside of my office hours until the next business day. I am happy to email you as frequently as you need through the entire process.
I look forward to working with you!